Sunday, February 24, 2019

Colors Of Winter

It has been a true, old-fashioned Minnesota winter.
For weeks now our world has been snow and ice dumped...dumped...
dumped...
 The colors of our landscape have become neutral,
white, gray, sienna. 
 Tones that have seeped into all that I see,
everything I draw and paint:

"Milkweed"  18x25 drawing on paper  CWLarson


"Birch Bark"  18x25 drawing on paper  CWLarson

Of course I know that Spring is inevitable,
hidden beneath all that ice and snow...
 and when it appears to my happy eyes,
all will be
green, green, green...
Now,
where did I put that tube of sap green paint?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl:
    Love love your artwork. Always so talented!
    It's Joanne and Lance! Remember us from your bank days and life in St. Cloud. Would love to hear from you! ljludemanfamily@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete