Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dad

The irises are starting to bloom and bring memories of my Dad.  One fall he arrived with a huge box of iris tubers that he divided from his garden.  It was a wonderful gift!  I planted them around our property and had extras to share with my neighbors.  I have to smile when I see them blooming brightly down the street.  He was a great gardener.  After snapping this photo I returned to weeding and found this rock:

  Doesn't it look like a heart??  I choose to think so....and I choose to believe it was no accident that I found it after thinking of my father!  Thanks Dad!  I miss him.  The hardest part of loosing a loved one is the empty silent space that is left.   Yet, his life lives on in my memories and these tiny little wonders that make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment